HERE’S HOW TO PREPARE FOR A COMEDY AUDITION.
1. In COMEDY, your CHARACTER is what is important. So establish a believable crazy character that just by walking in the room makes us laugh. Be real.
2. The character should find a special RHYTHM for their speech. A little different approach. So work each line of the scene so you find a special “you” who delivers the lines.
4. Your reaction is IMPORTANT. SO be sure to REACT to the other actors in the scene.
5. Stick with the text and find the comedy in your CHARACTER, YOUR TIMING, and YOUR ATTITUDE!
6. Timing can be QUICK and can be SLOW, depending on the situation, so don’t settle into a boring rhythm.
7. Faster/Slower, Louder/Softer, Higher/Lower (pitch), VARY your performance and how you say your lines so it isn't boring.
8. Show your desperation when you need to.
9. Show your anger when you need to.
10 Show your sadness when you need to.
EVERY LINE SHOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT EMOTIONAL FEELING!